Looking for a Trim Healthy Mama ALDI shopping list? Look no further. THM and ALDI are a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned. Why?
One of the objections I hear about Trim Healthy Mama™ is that “I’ve never spent more on groceries!“. That may be true. Unfortunately, real, whole foods are often more expensive than junky, fake, cheap carb-loaded ones.
One of the ways I keep my grocery budget under control is by doing the bulk of my Trim Healthy Mama food shopping at ALDI.
What does a Trim Healthy Mama buy at ALDI? I’m so glad you asked! I’ll lead you through a virtual tour of my local ALDI store, aisle by aisle, and list what I purchase there that is “on plan”.
(Note: I do buy more than these items at ALDI each week, because my family isn’t strictly on plan as I am, and my (seven) growing kids need lots of crossovers.)
Your ALDI store may be laid out a bit differently, but you’ll get the general idea. Most ALDI stores have the same floor plan, I’ve noticed.
Trim Healthy Mama ALDI Shopping List
- 85% dark chocolate – may as well start with the most important things! Ooh la la la…
- Organic salsa – chips aren’t on plan, but you can enjoy salsa with many other things. One of my favorite ways to eat it is inside an avocado (remove the seed, fill with salsa), or on top of fried eggs.
- Spices – ALDI has wonderful prices on herbs and spices. They’ve ruined me!
- Extracts – ditto
- Cocoa powder
- Chia seeds and flax seeds (these are seasonal)
- Nuts – all on plan, in moderation. Buy regular old nuts without any sugary coatings.
- Mustard and mayo – Duke’s mayo is on plan, and we love the Dijon mustard
- Coconut oil and coconut oil spray – coconut oil, that metabolism boosting super oil!
- Natural peanut butter – no sugar added, bien sur.
- Steel cut oats and old-fashioned oats
- Pickles – a pickle wrapped in lean meat is an on plan Fuel Pull snack.
- “Tabasco” style hot sauce
- Artichoke hearts
- Sweet Additions Stevia packets! – I keep these in my purse for convenience. The large bagged stevia “baking blend” is NOT on plan, but these packets ARE.
- Organic canned tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, Mexi-style tomatoes
- Tomato sauce and tomato paste
- Mexi-style corn – ok in small amounts
- Diced green chilies – available seasonally, stock up!
- Broth: chicken, vegetable, beef – the Simply Nature line have no added MSG
- Beans, dried and canned – you need these healthy carbs for your “E” meals
- Chickpeas and lentils – ditto
- Corn tortillas – ok in small, infrequent amounts
- Canned tuna (packed in water) and salmon
- Brown rice – (Brown Basmati is my favorite, so fragrant and flavorful)
- Spaghetti sauce – a few varieties are sugar free
- Quinoa and other ancient grains
- Plain seltzer water and La Croix flavored seltzer water
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Sprouted whole grain bread (available seasonally)
- Paper products – haha, you don’t eat these, but the prices on paper towels and toilet tissue are low.
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Eggs and egg whites
- Shredded parmesan / colby / mozza
- Cheese: block / sliced / cubed
- Happy Farms light cheese (spreadable cheese similar to Laughing Cow)
- Bacon, sausage, turkey bacon
- Spinach / bagged salad
- 0% Greek yogurt
- 1% cottage cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk (be careful, Aldi has two types of almond milk, one sweetened, one not)
- Neufchatel (low fat) cream cheese
- Artisan cheeses that would meet the approval of une fille francais: take a look as they are “special buys” and seasonal.
- “Never Any!” lunch meats (free of preservatives and additives)
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Meats – nearly all if they’re unprocessed and have no frills – ground turkey, whole chicken, chicken breasts and tenderloins, pork tenderloin, stew beef, chorizo, beef roast, etc
- Frozen fish fillets and wild-caught salmon, scallops, shrimp, clams
- Frozen non-starchy vegetables including broccoli, peas, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, California mix, and more
- Frozen berries
- Nearly all (except white potatoes) – what I buy most regularly at ALDI is cauliflower, sweet potatoes, organic tomatoes, cucumbers, organic apples and bananas, berries, avocados, lettuces, cabbage, lemons, limes, asparagus, onions, radishes, zucchini, celery, bell peppers, garlic
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to my weekly newsletter. You’ll get exclusive content and gain instant access to a FREE TrimHealthyMama-safe ALDI meal plan!